Install basic tools
Setup java JDK
Java JDK comes embedded in Android studio and is often more compatible, therefore we don't need to manually download and install JDK. However Android studio by default uses systems JDK so project structure needs to be changed in order to use embedded one.
- On welcome screen go to Configure -> Default project structure... and change JDK location to Embedded JDK
- If you have opened a project without following the first step go to File -> Project structure... -> SDK Location and change JDK location to Embedded JDK, then go to File -> Other settings -> Default project structure... and change JDK location to Embedded JDK
Import code style
To make working with the rest of the team easier, we all use the same code style settings. This ensures there are no unnecessary changes caused by code style differences and also makes it easier to conform to the established ckeckstyle rules. The code style includes Java, Kotlin, and XML styles.
To import Infinum's code style:
- Download code style file
- Open Preferences -> Editor -> Code Style
- Click on Manage next to Scheme picker
- Import the downloaded file
Some options in our code style are optional:
- Java—Wrapping and Braces—Wrap on typing
- XML—Other—Wrap on typing